Home | Project | Feedback
At the beginning of 2022 Benefacts asked users of its free public website for feedback.
Download the full report. Here’s a summary:
- Almost a quarter of respondents (22%) visited the site once a week or more, and just under sixty percent (58%) visited once a month or more.
- More than eighty percent of respondents reported visiting to obtain information on individual nonprofit organisations (83%) and more than half cited free access to nonprofit company documents (55%), with a similar number looking for information on the sector (54%). Half of the respondents visited looking for Benefacts sectoral reports (53%).
- Almost two thirds said they were interested in general information about the sector and individual nonprofits (63%). The commonest specific uses were due diligence research (57%) and report preparation (55%), with 41% specifying help in decision-making.
- The level of trust was high, with 94% of respondents trusting Benefacts data absolutely (62%) or a lot (32%).
- Not all respondents were aware of Benefacts reports (15%). Excluding these, of the 130 respondents who were aware of the reports 62% valued them highly and a further 8% found some of them useful.
- 44% of respondents said that they had no alternative source for at least some of the information on the Benefacts site. A third of respondents indicated that they would have to draw data from three or even four different sources in the absence of Benfacts data (33%) and a further 22% selected two data sources. Of those who reported having to use some source of information other than the ones specified in the survey, many of the 26 responses reflected dissatisfaction with the alternatives, with comments such as “there is no decent alternative!” and “Data will take much longer to find and access”.